METHOD OF THIS BENCHMARK
(Garrison @ the Phase One forums came up with this test, I’ve gathered the data and put it into this table for a better insight)
- Download this zipfile with RAW files and unpack them to some folder, 50 photos made with Canon 5D mk3, size about 1.3GB.
(These photos were made by Garrison and he assures so no property rights are violated)
- Start C1 and ensure that GPU acceleration is enabled:
Menu Edit – Preferences – General tab – Hardware acceleration – Processing set to Auto
(if it was set to “Never” before, you need to restart C1 so changes are applied)
- Open RAW files that were downloaded on step 1 and wait until they are fully imported (previews are built by C1).
- Set up the following export parameters:
- Format: JPEG
- Quality: 100%
- ICC Profile: sRGB IEC61966-2.1
- Resolution: 300 px/in
- Scale: Fixed 100%
- Open with: None
- It is very important to set up export with these parameters! Otherwise the bench results won’t be reliable!
- Make the first export (GPU accelerated) noting the duration of this process.
At least one export process is needed. However it would be great if you’ll be able to make it 2 or 3 times
Because results may vary depending on HDD caching, computer background processes and others.
Take the shortest time duration – it is the first bench result.
- Disable GPU acceleration: menu Edit – Preferences – General tab – Hardware acceleration – Processing set to Never. Restart C1.
- Make the second export (no GPU acceleration) in a similar way as in previous step 4.
- That will be the second bench result.
- For comparison use the following format:
- Computer type (PC/Mac) and model (if any) and OS version
- CPU + GPU – benchmark time 1
- CPU only – benchmark time 2
- CPU model
- GPU model
- C1 version
|wdt_ID||OS||CPU||GPU||C1 VERSION||CPU+GPU JPG||CPU+GPU TIF||CPU ONLY JPG||CPU ONLY TIFF||remarks|
|1||PC (Windows 10)||Intel Core i7-5820K||NVIDIA GTX 1080ti x 2||16||0||999||0||OC at 4.4GHz, 6 cores, 12 threads, 12GB RAM DISK|
|2||PC (Windows 10)||Intel Core i7-5820K||NVIDIA GTX 1080ti x 1||24||0||999||0||OC at 4.4GHz, 6 cores, 12 threads, 12GB RAM DISK|
|3||PC (Windows 10 1709)||Intel Core i7-7820X||NVIDIA GTX 1080 FTW (EVGA)||11.01||32||23||67||0||O.C to 4300MHz, ASUS strix x299 gaming, NZXT Kraken 62 cooler, 32GB Gskill @3200Mhz, 1TB NVMe SSD|
|4||PC (Windows 10)||AMD Ryzen 1700||AMD Radeon R9 390 (XFX)||10||36||0||94||0|
|5||PC (Windows 10 1709||Intel Core i7-6700K||AMD Radeon R9 290X (MSI Gaming 4G)||11.01||40||0||104||0||CPU OC @4,6Ghz / delidded, 4 cores, 8 threads, 64GB Gskill @2400Mhz, Samsung SSD 960 EVO 500GB, M.2 NVMe PCIe, Intel HD Graphics 530 disabled in BIOS = 10 sec gain!|
|6||PC (Windows 10)||Intel Core i7-7820X||AMD Radeon RX 580 Nitro+ (Sapphire)||11||42||0||85||0||i7 7820X @ 4,6Ghz
8 cores, 16 threads
|7||PC (Windows 10)||Intel Core i7-7820X||NVIDIA Quadro P5000||11.0||43||0||78||0||8 cores, 16 threads, GPU ECC On / SSD, Sandisk Extreme Pro 960 GB.|
|8||PC (Windows 10)||Intel Core i7-7820X||AMD Radeon RX 580 Nitro+ (Sapphire)||11||44||0||88||0||i7 7820X @ 4,6Ghz
8 cores, 16 threads
|9||PC (Windows 10 1703)||Intel Core i7-5820K||NVIDIA GTX 1080ti (2 x)||11.0||44||0||96||0|
|10||PC (Windows 10)||Intel Core i9-7980XE||AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition||11.0||45||19||82||56||Intel Core i9-7980XE @ 4,2ghz 18 cores, 36 threads|